- reviewed our definition of “culture” (with actions);
- shared some current events which lead us to a discussion about…
- Primary Sources: you consume information directly from an original source (like a newspaper, the radio, or an online journal). **The more sources to CROSS-REFERENCE, the better!
- Secondary Sources: you consume information from a third party who may or may not have used an original source.
- PROBLEM WITH SECONDARY SOURCES: we played a game of telephone and saw how information changed as the story was repeated by different people. Secondary sources may not have the whole story OR incorrect information!
- These terms were entered on a page in our Socials 6 duotang called, “Important Terms.”
- Homework: Queen Elizabeth II died today. Using a primary source, find out three facts about what happened. Example: how old was the queen when she died? Where was she? Why did she die? How is the world responding?